Registration is Open!
CAUSE is thrilled to be hosting the 2022 electronic Conference On Teaching Statistics
(eCOTS) from May 23- 26th (with pre-conference workshops on May 19 - 21st ) offers more
than 40 hours of virtual programming. This year's online conference focuses on
statistics education at both high school and college levels and all types of learning
institutions. The conference theme is "Preparing the Modern Student."
This virtual conference is for anyone who teaches or studies statistics or data science.
The program will be exciting with keynote presentations from Rob Gould (UCLA), Mine
Cetinkaya-Rundel (Duke University/R Studio), Talitha Williams (Harvey Mudd College), and
Nathan Taback (University of Toronto). There will also be pre-conference workshops,
breakout sessions, birds of feather conversations, and posters & beyond sessions.
There are also three regional conferences associated with eCOTS - perhaps there is one
The registration is only $25 for the entire week of events ($15 for faculty at CAUSE
Institutional Partners) and includes all sessions, workshops, and regional conferences.
for eCOTS 2022 Preparing the Modern Student is open.
Workshop for Faculty in the Early Stages of their Career
In addition to the workshops you can sign up for during registration, there is also a
limited space Workshop, "Survival basics for early-career faculty in statistics
education." This workshop is designed for colleagues in their "early" stage
as faculty. The workshop will be held online on Friday, May 20th, between 11-1 pm and 1:30
- 3:30 pm ET. Please apply here<https://forms.gle/9mmpyfvgu4Vni8a67> by May 9th.
We will have three reading groups to accompany eCOTS 2022.
Police Violence Reading Group
* When: TBD by Doodle Poll, starts the week of April 18th
* Please sign up by April 11th.
* Facilitator: Tian An Wong, University of Michigan-Dearborn
Diversity and Motivation: Culturally responsive teaching in college by Ginsberg, M. B.
& Wlodkowski, R. J.
* When: TBD by Doodle Poll, starts the week of May 9th
* Please sign up by May 2nd
* Facilitator: Tierra Stimson, University of Arizona
Flipped Learning by Robert Talbert
* When: Fridays at 3:00 pm ET and asynchronously through Slack starting the week of
* Please sign up by May 2nd
* Facilitators: Melissa Crow, New College, and Megan Mocko, University of Florida
More information is posted on the eCOTS 2022 website
). Are you interested in
participating in a reading group? Please complete the google
Do you have an activity to share related to the four tracks?
1. Statistical and Data Literacy for the Modern Student - what every student needs to
know in personal and professional lives.
2. Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice in data science and statistics.
3. Preparing Mentors, Leaders, and Teachers for tomorrow.
4. The (old and new) skills are needed for the modern data scientist and statistician.
The due date to submit is April 15th, 2022. Top winners will receive a cash award and
present their activity at eCOTS. More information is posted on the eCOTS 2022 website
Please let me know if you have any questions at
University of Florida