STAT Faculty Positions at Illinois
by Findley, Kelly Patrick
The Department of Statistics at the University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign invites applications for multiple specialized faculty positions (100% for 9 months) that support our growing statistics, statistics & computer science, and data science programs on campus. All areas of teaching expertise will be considered, but areas of priority include:
* Introductory statistics
* Machine learning
* Data and software engineering
* Statistical applications involving big data
The department will consider applications for the following positions: Teaching Assistant Professor, Clinical Assistant Professor, Visiting Assistant Professor, Lecturer, and Instructor.
* Teaching Assistant Professors teach 4 courses per year (typically 2 in fall and 2 in spring) while also contributing research and service in the areas of curriculum and instruction.
* Clinical Assistant Professors teach 4 courses per year (typically 2 in fall and 2 in spring) while also contributing research and service that reflect their domain expertise.
* Visiting Assistant Professors teach 3 courses per year while also maintaining a strong research program.
* Lecturers teach 6 courses per year (typically 3 in fall and 3 in spring).
* Instructors teach 6 courses per year (typically 3 in fall and 3 in spring).
These are career-oriented positions with clear tracks for promotion and professional development. Visiting positions may be renewed for a maximum of 3 years. Applicants for Instructor must have a Master's degree by time of appointment, and applicants for Lecturer and Teaching/Clinical Assistant Professor must have a PhD by the time of appointment. These degrees should be in statistics or a related field (e.g., biostatistics, computer science, data science, engineering, math education, operations research). Candidates should have experience or demonstrate ability to teach effectively at the undergraduate level, and potentially at the graduate level. The anticipated starting date is January 1, 2023 or August 16, 2023. Salary is competitive.
Review of applications will begin on November 1st, but the department may consider new applications after this date as well.
For more information on how to apply, check out the announcement on our website: https://stat.illinois.edu/news/2022-09-28/department-statistics-seeks-appli…
Kelly Findley Ph.D.
Teaching Assistant Professor
703 S. Wright St., Office 23
Department of Statistics | The University of Illinois -- Urbana-Champaign