News & Highlights
- VOICES 2022 will be held online September 25, with many great presentations including a featured talk by Petr Janata of UC Davis who studies the psychology and neuroscience of music, and another by Jennifer Mangan and David Newman of James Madison University on the use of choreographed songs in teaching astronomy.
- Two talks from the VOICES 2021 conference (Effects of Musical Training on Mathematical Learning in Children and Explore the neuroscience behind music-based learning) were among 2021’s most-clicked items in Mixture, a Substack newsletter about curiosity, science and creativity.
- VOICES 2021 was held online on September 26, with many great presentations and a keynote by acclaimed science communicator Raven "the Science Maven" and a bonus presentation by entrepreneur and cognitive psychologist Lana Israel!
- The 2021, 2019, 2018, and 2017 VOICES conferences are archived for your viewing pleasure and have been covered by outlets ranging from Journal of Humanistic Mathematics to Forbes.
- 2018 VOICES speaker Lamar Queen was part of a national math rap performance/conversation at the 2021 National Math Festival: https://vimeo.com/500142026
- Check out our series of interviews related to educational song.