Presented by:Alison Gibbs, Scott McDaniel, Cassandra Pattanayak, and Adam Sullivan
This panel will discuss teaching a flipped or blended statistics course. In particular, the following questions will be addressed, in addition to questions from the audience:
- What is the format of your flipped or blended course? Include in your answer what do students do outside of class and what they do in-class.
- Why did you decide to flip/blend? Has the flipping/blending achieved the desired result?
- What is the biggest success in your flipped/blended class?
- What has been the biggest challenge in flipping/blending? How have you addressed the challenge?
- What is your favourite activity? Describe the activity and tell whether it is an in-class or out-of-class activity.
- Do you have any evidence of changes in learning outcomes or students’ attitudes or course satisfaction?
(Tip: click the fullscreen control)
Having trouble viewing? Try: Download (.mp4)
(Tip: right-click and choose "Save As...")Teaching a Flipped or Blended Course