Chapter excerpt from a book that covers the following topics:
1. Describe categories of statistical quality control (SQC).
2. Explain the use of descriptive statistics in measuring quality characteristics.
3. Identify and describe causes of variation.
4. Describe the use of control charts.
5. Identify the differences between x-bar, R-, p-, and c-charts.
6. Explain the meaning of process capability and the process capability index.
7. Explain the term Six Sigma.
8. Explain the process of acceptance sampling and describe the use of operating characteristic (OC) curves.
9. Describe the challenges inherent in measuring quality in service organizations.