Goals of USCOTS
- Hold a national conference that focuses on undergraduate level statistics education (including AP Statistics), targeting statistics teachers.
- Share ideas, methods, and research results regarding what teachers want to know about teaching statistics: What should I teach? How do I teach it? Where do I get good resources? And, what research can I rely on to assess whether what I'm doing is effective and appropriate?
- Facilitate teachers incorporating new ideas, methods, and resources into their existing courses and programs.
- Promote connections between all teachers of undergraduate level statistics throughout the country.
Special Features of USCOTS
- Plenary sessions by national and international leaders in Undergraduate Statistics Education on current and emerging trends in research, curriculum, pedagogy, and resources.
- Posters and Beyond sessions exchanging your ideas on teaching and learning statistics
- Hands-on breakout sessions to incorporate new ideas into your courses
- Opportunities to meet other statistics teachers from a wide range of institutions and disciplines
- Plenty of materials, ideas, and motivation to take home with you
- A fun, active atmosphere where everyone can be involved!
USCOTS Program Committee
Deb Rumsey (chair), Dennis Pearl, Joan Garfield, and Jackie Miller
For Other Information:
Contact Deb Rumsey, USCOTS Program Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Consortium for the Advancement of Undergraduate Statistics Education (CAUSE)