Have you conducted undergraduate statistics research?
If so, you can present your own work at the conference. To do so, you will need to make a 5-minute recorded presentation. During the conferences, participants will be able to view your video and post questions. From 2:15 - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), we ask that presenters be available to answer questions in real time.
Submit a title and abstract by Friday, October 13th. Videos must be created and uploaded by Friday, October 27th. Read the following below to answer any questions you might have on creating the video presentation.
What should the format be for my presentation?
- We recommend creating a set of slides and then recording a narration of the slide presentation.
- In order to upload your presentation to the web, we require that your recordings are in .avi, .mp4 (preferred), or .mov. PowerPoint presentations will not be accepted.
What software should I use to record my presentation?
- We recommend using one of the following applications to record your presentation:
Available on Windows/Mac; 30-day free trial.
Available on Windows; Free.
Available on Mac; 30-day free trial.
Pre-installed on Mac computers.
- If the options above are not suitable, we can schedule a time to record your presentation online (see below).
What if I need help creating the video?
- In the weeks prior to the conference, we will have blocks of time set aside to record presentations online. Please contact Bob Carey (email@example.com) in order to set up a session and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Time slots will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Make sure to come to your assigned time slot with your talk and slides all prepared!
What should I include in the abstract?
- The abstract should be a summary of your project and should be around four to seven sentences in length.
How do I participate in other conference activities?
- Those who submit an abstract will be automatically signed up for the conference. If you want to just attend the conference, make sure to sign-up here.
- A few days before the conference all participants will receive a link to participate in all conference activities as well as some technical information to ensure the webinar software will work with your computer. On the day of the conference, simply click the link to view presentations, posters, etc. as well as to pose questions (via a chat window) to presenters.