Chance News (July-August 2005)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Under construction. See Chance News (May-June 2005) for additional recent chance news.
Numbers are like people; torture them enough and they'll tell you anything. (anonymous)
- Forsooth (July-August) 2005
- A probability problem
- Misperception of minorities and immigrants
- I was quoting the statistics, I wasn't pretending to be a statistician
- What women want
- Rules of engagement - modelling conflict
- How people respond to terrorist attacks
- Can you get fired over the wording of a questionnaire?
- You can't just go on telly and make up statistics, can you?
- The more the merrier? First born do better at school
- Racial profiling