Chance News (July-August 2005)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:28, 18 August 2005 by Gavinj (Linked to 'Here comes the dodgy science bit' in The Guardian (UK))
Under construction. See Chance News (May-June 2005) for additional recent chance news.
Numbers are like people; torture them enough and they'll tell you anything.
- Forsooth (July-August) 2005
- A probability problem
- Misperception of minorities and immigrants
- I was quoting the statistics, I wasn't pretending to be a statistician
- What women want
- Rules of engagement - modelling conflict
- How people respond to terrorist attacks
- Can you get fired over the wording of a questionnaire?
- You can't just go on telly and make up statistics, can you?