Promote and support the advancement of statistics and data science education research.
- Connect researchers from diverse disciplines that inform knowledge about teaching, learning, and assessment in statistics and data science.
- Disseminate resources on and elevate the visibility of research in statistics and data science education.
- Advocate for the value and impact of the research in statistics and data science education.
- Promote webinars on topics related to statistics education research.
- Maintain the CAUSEweb Research pages.
- Facilitate mentorship opportunities and/or collaborative research teams.
- Organize regular research meetings (e.g., USCOTS, JSM, standalone).
The Research Cluster at USCOTS 2007 (asterisk indicates member of the Research Advisory Board).
Front row: Sterling Hilton*, CAUSE Associate Director for Research Joan Garfield*, Diane Fisher, Marsha Lovett*
Middle row: Neal Rogness, Michelle Sisto, Tisha Hooks, Jennifer Kaplan, Leigh Harrell, TJ Murphy, Felicity Enders*, Alejandra Sorto
Back row: Nicolas Christou, Jackie Miller*, Michael Posner, Dale Berger, Larry Lesser*, Randy Groth*, Andy Zieffler*, Bob delMas*
Not pictured: Rebecca Pierce, John Holcomb*
The CAUSE Research Group is supported in part by a member initiative grant from the American Statistical Association’s Section on Statistics and Data Science Education