CAUSE Research is starting a reading group to read through the articles mentioned in Rob
Gould's talk "The Modern Student . . . Is
eCOTS 2022 invited talk. We are going to start with the below article.
Wild, C. J., Pfannkuch, M., Regan, M., & Horton, N. J. (2011). Towards more
accessible conceptions of statistical inference. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society:
Series A (Statistics in Society), 174(2), 247-295.
Our first meeting will be on June 29th at 2 pm ET (1 pm CT, noon MT, 11 am PT).
988 3182 3239
General Format of the reading group:
* We will meet for one hour to talk about the paper.
* We will meet on the first and third Wednesday during the summer. (Exception:
Since the first Wednesday in July falls during the week of Independence day (July 4th), we
will meet on June 29th instead.)
* Participants will discuss a time for the Fall semester.
* There are 14
mentioned in the talk.
* We will read through one paper every two weeks until December 2022.
* You don't have to attend each time to participate in the reading group.
* Participants that are interested will be host for an article from the list of 14
* The host will curate a list of 4 to 5 questions to get the conversation started
from the article that they pick from the list of 14 articles.
* One possible outcome of the reading group may be to contribute to a blog article
See you soon!
Megan Mocko and Shu-Min Liao
Information Systems and Office Management
University of Florida