The highlights of the U.S. Conference on Teaching Statistics (USCOTS)
include interaction and discussion among statistics educators with
similar interests. One mechanism for facilitating such conversations is
a birds-of-a-feather lunch discussion, in which people with similar
interests gather over lunch to discuss a particular topic. This year
we're expanding this program to include not only lunches on both Friday
and Saturday but also dinner on Saturday of the conference ( May 29 , 30).
Please consider proposing a birds-of-a-feather topic for which you would
be glad to facilitate discussion. To submit a proposal, write to Allan
Rossman ( arossman(a)calpoly.edu ) by Fri May 8 with the following information:
1. Name and email address of facilitator
2. Title of discussion topic (to appear in online program)
3. Brief (no more than 100 words) description of discussion topic (to
appear in online program)
4. Very brief (no more than 20 characters) abbreviated title to appear
on a sign at the table
5. Indicate which of the available times ( Fri lunch, Sat lunch, or Sat
dinner) you can hold the discussion. Also indicate any preferences
among these options.
Thanks very much for considering this,
P.S. It's not too late to register for USCOTS! See
for more information.