CAUSE Research is starting a reading group to read through the articles mentioned in Rob
Gould's talk "The Modern Student . . . Is
eCOTS 2022 invited talk. We have read two out of the 14 articles so far. We welcome any
returning and new readers to the session!
Makar, K., & Rubin, A. (2009). A framework for thinking about informal statistical
inference. Statistics Education Research Journal, 8(1).
Our host for this article is Kevin Cummins from California State University, Fullerton.
Here is the registration information for the Zoom meeting: When: August 3rd, 2022, 02:00
PM Eastern Time (the US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about
joining the meeting.
General Format of the reading group:
* We will meet for one hour to talk about the paper.
* We will meet on the first and third Wednesday during the summer.
* Participants will discuss a time for the Fall semester.
* There are 14
mentioned in the talk.
* We will read through one paper every two weeks until December 2022.
* You don't have to attend each time to participate in the reading group.
* Participants that are interested will be host for an article from the list of 14
* The host will curate a list of 4 to 5 questions to get the conversation started
from the article that they pick from the list of 14 articles.
* One possible outcome of the reading group may be to contribute to a blog article
See you soon!
Megan Mocko and Shu-Min Liao
University of Florida