Happy July! CAUSE Research is starting a reading group to read through the
articles mentioned in Rob Gould’s keynote talk at eCOTS 2022. BIG thanks to
those who participated in our first meeting a few weeks ago. Now, we are
writing to invite you to our second meeting on *July 20, 2022 at 2:00PM EST*
with the following article:
*Article: Erickson, T., Wilkerson, M., Finzer, W., & Reichsman, F. (2019).
Data moves. Technology Innovations in Statistics Education, 12(1).
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.
General Format of the reading group:
· We will meet for one hour to talk about the paper.
· You don’t have to attend each time to participate in the reading
group. Join us whenever you can!
· We will meet on the first and third Wednesdays during the summer.
The remaining three summer meetings are scheduled on *July 20*, *August 3*,
and *August 17*, all at *2:00pm EST*.
· Participants will discuss a time for the Fall semester.
· We will read through one paper every two weeks until December
· Participants that are interested will be host for an article from
the list of 14 papers.
· The host will curate a list of 4 to 5 questions to get the
conversation started from the article that they pick from the list of 14
· One possible outcome of the reading group may be to contribute to
a blog article for StatTLC
Look forward to seeing you soon!
Shu-Min Liao and Megan Mocko