Election Prediction 2016 Has Arrived!
The 2016 presidential election season has been full of unexpected twists and turns,
baffling the most seasoned pundits and politicos. For such an unusual election, statistics
holds the power to best predict a winner. That's why the American Statistical
Association is calling on high school and college undergraduate students to compete in a
contest to predict the next commander in chief using statistics, the most rigorous
scientific method for prediction known.
Compete in ASA’s Prediction 2016 contest for prizes and exposure that will put students on
a path to statistical stardom among the nation’s leading statisticians and maybe even the
political press. Contest Details:
* Open to all U.S. college undergraduates and high school students.
* One winner with the most accurate prediction from each of the categories (high
school and college undergraduate) will be chosen.
* Submissions are due October 24 , 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
* Learn the full details and rules at ThisIsStatistics.org
* Let us know you plan to participate by sending an email to
A flyer for the competition is attached. We hope you encourage your students to
Director of Education
American Statistical Association Promoting the Practice and Profession of Statistics ® 732
North Washington Street Alexandria, VA 22314-1943 (703) 684-1221 , Ext. 1877 Fax: (703)