CAUSE Research is starting a reading group to read through the articles mentioned in Rob Gould’s talk “The Modern Student . . . Is Younger” eCOTS 2022 invited talk. We are going to start with the below article.
Wild, C. J., Pfannkuch, M., Regan, M., & Horton, N. J. (2011). Towards more accessible conceptions of statistical inference. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), 174(2), 247-295. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-985X.2010.00678.x
Our first meeting will be on June 29th at 2 pm ET (1 pm CT, noon MT, 11 am PT).
988 3182 3239
General Format of the reading group:
· We will meet for one hour to talk about the paper.
· We will meet on the first and third Wednesday during the summer. (Exception: Since the first Wednesday in July falls during the week of Independence day (July 4th), we will meet on June 29th instead.)
· Participants will discuss a time for the Fall semester.
· There are 14 papers mentioned in the talk.
· We will read through one paper every two weeks until December 2022.
· You don’t have to attend each time to participate in the reading group.
· Participants that are interested will be host for an article from the list of 14 papers.
· The host will curate a list of 4 to 5 questions to get the conversation started from the article that they pick from the list of 14 articles.
· One possible outcome of the reading group may be to contribute to a blog article for StatTLC.
See you soon!
Megan Mocko and Shu-Min Liao
Information Systems and Office Management
University of Florida