CAUSE Research is starting a reading group to read through the articles mentioned in Rob Gould’s talk “The Modern Student . . . Is Younger” eCOTS 2022 invited talk. We have read two out of the 14 articles so far. We welcome any returning and new readers to the session!
Makar, K., & Rubin, A. (2009). A framework for thinking about informal statistical inference. Statistics Education Research Journal, 8(1). https://iase-web.org/documents/SERJ/SERJ8(1)_Makar_Rubin.pdf?1402525008
Our host for this article is Kevin Cummins from California State University, Fullerton.
Here is the registration information for the Zoom meeting: When: August 3rd, 2022, 02:00 PM Eastern Time (the US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
General Format of the reading group:
· We will meet for one hour to talk about the paper.
· We will meet on the first and third Wednesday during the summer.
· Participants will discuss a time for the Fall semester.
· There are 14 papers mentioned in the talk.
· We will read through one paper every two weeks until December 2022.
· You don’t have to attend each time to participate in the reading group.
· Participants that are interested will be host for an article from the list of 14 papers.
· The host will curate a list of 4 to 5 questions to get the conversation started from the article that they pick from the list of 14 articles.
· One possible outcome of the reading group may be to contribute to a blog article for StatTLC.
See you soon!
Megan Mocko and Shu-Min Liao
University of Florida