Navigation: CAUSEweb ⇒ Workshops ⇒ AIMS ⇒ Agenda
AIMS: Adapting and Implementing Innovative MaterialsA CAUSEway Workshop
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Friday, June 6 & Saturday, June 7, 2008
Presented by Joan Garfield, Bob delMas, and Andrew Zieffler
Overview | Agenda | Slideshow
Notice: This workshop is now full due to an overwhelming response.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Arrive, check into Days Inn University/Days Hotel
7:00pm Registration, welcome and dinner (location to be announced)
Friday, June 6, 2008
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Morning session 8:30am - 12 noon
A closer look at the AIMS pedagogical method
- Instructor role: changing from teacher centered to student centered
- Role play with participants acting as students
- How to develop and manage good classroom discussions'
- Ways to encourage students to express their reasoning
- Challenges teachers face
Afternoon session 1:00 - 3:30pm
Aligning and Integrating Assessment an Instruction
- Developing an Assessment blueprint
- The role and use of formative and summative
- Using group quizzes
- Examining AIMS assessments
Where to go from here?
- Deciding and making a plan for what to Adapt and Implement in your own class
- One or more activities?
- The pedagogical method?
- One or more new technology tools?
- A new assessment?
Final discussion and workshop evaluation